Electricity for Refrigeration, Heating, and Air Conditioning
ELECTRICITY FOR REFRIGERATION, HEATING, AND AIR CONDITIONING, 8E provides readers with the basic electrical principles necessary to understand today's modern control systems. The practical approach taken in this book allows readers to focus exclusively on the electronics information they will use in the field, without bogging them down in unnecessary theory. ELECTRICITY FOR REFRIGERATION, HEATING, AND AIR CONDITIONING, 8E places an emphasis on developing systematic diagnosis and troubleshooting methods and procedures that will enable readers to become highly-skilled, professional HVAC-R service technicians. A comprehensive glossary is also included to assist those who are new to the field in understanding and using industry terms.
- Included in every chapter are learning objectives, definitions of key terms, summaries, plus plenty of review questions to increase comprehension and improve retention.
- Contains new photos and illustrations that encourage readers to apply information presented in the book directly to modern equipment, components and control systems.
- Introduces and uses symbols consistently and explores schematic diagrams of twelve specific applications used in industry, enabling readers to become expert troubleshooters.
- Includes in-depth discussion of the types, designs, starting components and diagnosis and troubleshooting procedures for single-phase motors that mirrors their importance in the industry.
- Includes coverage of contactors, relays, thermostats, pressure and manual switches, overload and other state-of-the-art electrical components that prepare readers for work in the field today.
- Contains a Lab Manual that includes the following for each chapter: unit overview, list of key terms, review test and lab exercises when appropriate.
- Includes an instructor's guide on the instructor resource that consists of the following: short description of the material covered in each chapter; unit objectives; safety notes; lab notes; answers to Review Questions in the text; answers to Troubleshooting Problems in the text; answers to review questions in the Lab Manual; and lab exercises where applicable.
- Includes an instructor resource CD that is available with PowerPoint presentation, syllabus, chapter hints, lesson plans, test banks, and an image gallery.
- Includes full color Art.
- Includes a revised Chapter 13 (Electronic Controls Devices) with additional electronic controls.
- Contains a new chapter (Chapter 16-Residential Air-Conditioning Controls Systems) that includes residential air conditioning control systems, furnace control heating systems, and heat pump control systems, along with an sequence of operation of each. An overview of equipment configuration is also included, as is a short section on customer relations.
- Includes a basic overview of commercial and industrial control systems in Chapter 17, including the basic circuitry of light commercial equipment, control methods for commercial and industrial conditioned air systems, an explanation of the control loop as it relates to commercial and industrial control systems, as well as a brief explanation of pneumatic and direct digital controls systems.
- Contains "Green" awareness paragraphs placed in appropriate positions in the text.
- Includes a CD with video clips of key concepts.
- Training Type:
- 736 pages
- 8th edition
- Publication Date:
- June 24, 2010
- Delmar Cengage Learning
- Includes Practice Test:
- Applicable States:
- AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, PR, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY